Tuna Noodle Casserole2012-01-17
- Yield : 6 Rolls
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 50m
- 6 ounces egg noodles, cooked until al dente and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 10 1/2-ounce can of cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 7-ounce cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions with some green tops
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper.
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 425°.
Lightly butter a 2-quart casserole and combine the cooked noodles with the salt and minced thyme. Set aside.
In a medium saucepan, mix together the milk and canned soup over medium heat until smooth, stirring constantly. Gently fold in the tuna, celery, red bell pepper, scallions, mayonnaise and all but 2 tablespoons of the grated cheddar. Stir until the cheese is melted.